SARAH JOHANN is a young label for handmade, minimalistic bags and accessories for women and men. It’s run by Sarah Johann herself, who designs and manufactures all products in her studio in Berlin. The bags are characterized by simple design, clear shapes and easy usage. There are neither excessive color combinations nor too much decoration to be found. The used material ranges from cotton canvas, virgin wool, and nylon, to real leather. Every SARAH JOHANN bag is unique and made with great care and love for detail and perfection. It will be a special product for the owner and satisfy his or her wish for quality, design and practicability.
Usedomer Straße 9b
USt.-IdNr.: DE 294244375
Phone: +49 (0)172 4561652
Below, please find our terms & conditions, return policy and data protection statement.
Terms and Conditions for the online shop www.sarahjohann.tictail.com
Section 1 – Vendor, inclusion by reference of the General Terms and Conditions
(1) The vendor and contracting party for the merchandise presented on www.sarahjohann.tictail.com is Sarah Johann, Usedomer Straße 9b, 13355 Berlin, Germany, Phone 0049-(0)172-4561652, E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org (referred to hereinbelow as the “Vendor” for short).
(2) The present General Terms and Conditions are a component part of any contractual agreement made between the Vendor and the respective customer. The Vendor hereby objects to any terms and conditions that the customer may have established and that contradict the present General Terms and Conditions.
Section 2 – Merchandise offered and conclusion of contract
(1) The Vendor is offering the articles presented for sale. The colors of the articles shown on the website may vary slightly depending on the internet browser and monitor settings used by customers; these variations are technically unavoidable.
(2) The selection of merchandise, conclusion of contract and implementation of the agreement shall all take place in german or english language, at the selection of the customer.
(3) The Vendor shall deliver the merchandise to destinations in Germany as well as to all other countries of the European Union, Liechtenstein, Norway, Iceland, Switzerland, to the United States, Canada, Brazil, Japan, China, New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, South Korea and Russia.
(4) The Vendor is making a binding sales offer for the merchandise presented in his shop. The customer shall select the merchandise desired by clicking the button “Add to cart”. After entering his personal data and payment method, the customer can place his order by clicking on the button „COMLETE PURCHASE ... €“. Until the order is transmitted to the Vendor, the customer has the opportunity to review, at any time, the data he has input when placing the order, to modify or to completely discontinue the order.
(5) The Vendor is making a binding sales offer for the merchandise presented in its shop. By transmitting the order using the button „COMLETE PURCHASE ... €“, the customer accepts the sales offer. The Vendor shall confirm the conclusion of the contract by e-mail (contract confirmation).
(6) The content of the contract concluded is stored by the Vendor and will be forwarded to the customer with the contract confirmation. In case the customer has set up a personal account with the online shop, the customer can view the content of the contracts concluded also in his account on the Vendor‘s website.
(7) The Vendor shall inform the customer by e-mail of any impediments preventing the delivery from being made, or of any other circumstances that might prevent contractual performance.
Section 3 – Prices and payment
(1) All product prices are end prices plus shipping costs. Value added tax (VAT) is included in the prices if and up to the mount applicable:
(a) Where deliveries are made to Germany or other countries of the European Union prices include 19 % value added tax.
(b) Where deliveries are made to countries outside the European Union value added tax will not be charged. However for these deliveries customs or acquisition tax for imported goods may apply and may have to be paid by the customer to the customs authorities upon receipt of the shipment. These duties will accrue in addition to the purchase price and the shipping costs; the Vendor has no means of influencing them.
(2) The shipping costs are listed in the respective product description in the online shop.
(3) The Vendor shall deliver the merchandise – at the selection of the customer – against pre-payment using PayPal, and against pre-payment using a credit card:
(a) For PayPal payments, the customer will – after conclusion of the contract – be forwarded to the website of the PayPal S.a.r.l., from where payment can be made by entering the customer‘s PayPal details.
(b) For credit card payments, the customer will – after conclusion of the contract – be forwarded to the external service of the PayPal S.a.r.l. where he provides his credit card details and concludes the payment. The Seller authorizes the PayPal S.a.r.l. to receive payments by the customer for the purpose of performing the contract.
(5) For orders subject to pre-payment, a payment period of one week from the contract confirmation shall apply. For the term of the payment period, the Vendor shall reserve the merchandise so ordered for the customer. It is incumbent on the customer to effect payment in such timely manner that the Vendor receives it within the payment period. The Vendor reserves the right to rescind the sale contract and to sell the merchandise to others should the payment not be received by the end of the payment period. Any payment received from the customer following the rescission of the contract shall be reimbursed to the customer.
Section 4 – Shipment, delivery periods
(1) The vendor shall deliver the merchandise within the time period indicated in each product discription after payment is made.
(2) For products labeled as customasiable, the delivery period shall be extended by one Week in the case that the customer has requested the offered customisation.
(3) For deliveries to destinations outside Germany, a period of 2-18 business days, depending on the destination, has to be added to the respective domestic delivery time.
(4) If the customer’s order contains more than one product, all products will be delivered in one single shipment; for this shipment, the longest given delivery period for any of the contained products will apply. If the customer wishes a product to be delivered seperately in shorter time, he may place a seperate order for that product.
(5) Where a delivery cannot be made because the customer has provided a wrong or incomplete delivery address, an attempt to once again deliver the merchandise shall be made only if the customer accepts to bear the costs of re-shipping the merchandise. The re-shipping costs correspond to the shipping costs agreed at conclusion of contract. The Vendor shall inform the customer of the costs of re-shipping the merchandise by e-mail. The re-shipment shall be made only upon receipt of payment for these costs.
Section 5 – Right of withdrawal for consumers
(1) A customer purchasing as consumer is entitled to a right of withdrawal in accordance with the statutory pre-requisites. A consumer means every natural person who enters into a legal transaction for a purpose that is mainly outside his commercial or self-employed professional activity.
(2) The vendor shall grant a 14 day withdrawal period to a consumer having his permanent residence outside of Germany also in those cases in which the national laws applicable to the consumer provide for a shorter period.
(3) The vendor shall allow any consumer having his permanent residence outside of Germany to transmit an informal declaration of withdrawal even in those cases in which the national laws applicable to the consumer provide for stricter requirements as to form.
(4) The pre-requisites and legal consequences of the German stipulations as to consumers’ rights of withdrawal shall apply to consumers having their permanent residence in Switzerland also in those cases in which Swiss law does not provide for a right of withdrawal.
Section 6 – Warranty
All warranty claims of the customer shall be governed by the statutory regulations.
Section 7 – Data Protection Policy
(1) The vendor shall collect and process the data input by the customer in the course of his purchase for the purpose of processing the contract and performing in accordance with same. The collected data consists of the customer`s name, address, e-mail-address and his company information that you specify. If the customer has specified additional information with the order (eg a different delivery address or a phone number), it is also transfered to the vendor.
(2) The vendor shall process the data referred to in paragraph 1 for the performance of the contract, shipping of the merchandise, invoicing and recording payments. For shipping purposes, the vendor may transfer the customer’s name and address to the contracted shipping company.
(3) The data remains stored by the vendor until all claims arising from the order are fully fulfilled and until the applicable commercial and tax law retention periods have expired.
(4) The customer may at any time request information from the vendor about the stored data concerning him. Furthermore, the customer may at any time request the correction of erroneous data.
(5) The controller of data protection is the vendor referred to in section 1 paragraph 1.
(6) To the extent a customer uses the services of PayPal for payment, the data protection provisions established by the payment service shall apply to the payment process. In this context, PayPal shall be taking action as the person employed by the customer in the performance of their obligations (Erfüllungsgehilfe), not as a person so employed by the vendor.
Section 8 – Final provisions
(1) The laws of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply, to the exclusion of the United Nations Convention on the International Sale of Goods (UNCISG). However, German law shall not apply to transactions with consumers having their permanent residence abroad to the extent the national laws applicable to those consumers set out provisions that cannot be contracted out to the detriment of the consumers.
(2) Where the customer is a merchant, legal persons under public law, or special assets (Sondervermögen) under German public law the parties to the sale contract agree to submit the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts at the registered seat of the Vendor in Berlin(Germany) and that the registered seat of the Vendor should also be the place of performance of his contractual obligations.
(3) Should individual provisions of the present General Terms and Conditions prove to be invalid or impossible to implement, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions.
Information concerning the exercise of the right of withdrawal
Right of withdrawal
You have the right to withdraw from this contract within 14 days without giving any reason. The withdrawal period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by you acquires, physical possession of the goods.
To exercise the right of withdrawal, you must inform us (www.sarahjohann.tictail.com is Sarah Johann, Usedomer Straße 9b, 13355 Berlin, Germany, Phone 0049-(0)172-4561652, E-Mail email@example.com) of your decision to withdraw from this contract by an unequivocal statement (e.g. a letter sent by post, fax or e-mail). You may use the attached model withdrawal form, but it is not obligatory.
To meet the withdrawal deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right of withdrawal before the withdrawal period has expired.
Effects of withdrawal
If you withdraw from this contract, we shall reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (with the exception of the supplementary costs resulting from your choice of a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us), without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which we are informed about your decision to withdraw from this contract. We will carry out such reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of such reimbursement.
We may withhold reimbursement until we have received the goods back or you have supplied evidence of having sent back the goods, whichever is the earliest.
You shall send back the goods or hand them over to us without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your withdrawal from this contract to us. The deadline is met if you send back the goods before the period of 14 days has expired.
You will have to bear the direct cost of returning the goods.
You are only liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods.
Exceptions from the right of withdrawal
The right of withdrawal shall not exist for contracts regarding the delivery of merchandise that is not prefabricated and is made according to the consumer's individual choice and specifications, or of merchandise that obviously is tailored to meet personal customer requirements.
(complete and return this form only if you wish to withdraw from the contract)
— To www.sarahjohann.tictail.com is Sarah Johann, Usedomer Straße 9b, 13355 Berlin, Germany, E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org:
— I/We (*) hereby give notice that I/We (*) withdraw from my/our (*) contract of sale of the following goods (*) / for the provision of the following service (*),
— Ordered on (*) / received on (*),
— Name of consumer(s),
— Address of consumer(s),
— Signature of consumer(s) (only if this form is notified on paper),
(*) Delete as appropriate.
Data Protection Statement
We observe the rules of the applicable data protection regulations. Protection of your personal data when using our website is important to us.
Data, that will be enquired by visiting our website
Our Webserver will on each page view enquire and save the following information, which your web-browser ist transfering to us:
browser-type and version of your browser,
used system software,
IP-address of the used computer,
time of your page view.
From this data we can`t draw any conclusion on the identity of the user. Thus the information can not be connected to a specific person. We do not merge your data with any other data sources.
Data, that will be enquired in the course of your purchase
We shall collect and process the data input by you in the course of your purchase for the purpose of processing the contract and performing in accordance with same. The collected data consists of your name, address, e-mail-address and your telephone and / or fax number and your company information that you specify. This data remains stored by us until all claims arising from the order are fully fulfilled and until the applicable commercial and tax law retention periods have expired.
Information and contact
You always have the opportunity to obtain informations about the data we hold on you. You also have the right to have your data corrected, if it should be incorrect. If you have any questions regarding the use of your data feel free to contact us at any time:
Sarah Johann, Phone: 0049-(0)172-4561652, E-Mail: email@example.com